Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A Honey of an Album!

Quick Quotes is partnering with Joy Clair, pairing their wonderful stamps with our fabulous inks and papers.  My sister and a friend raise honey bees and I recently got to help with a honey harvest!  It was quite the adventure and I created a mini album to hold my pictures.


I covered mat board with paper from the Serenade Collection and then I die cut a mini album.


I took the spine of the mini album and covered the entire surface with Warm Gray PowderPuff Chalking Ink.


I used stamps from the Bee Kind and Uh Oh Ink Splatter on the covers and the spine before I assembled the book.


I added tons of texture on the inside covers with the Uh Oh Ink Splatter set and Desert Sun ink.


I used my Canon Pixma printer to create my journaling strips.   I just used the word processor on my computer and sent it to print on cardstock.  I will tell you that I chose 110 lb cardstock and that was too thick and jammed the printer.  The really cool thing was that the LCD panel on the front of the printer showed me how to un-jam the paper! A series of diagrams popped up on the screen so it was so simple!  Afterwards I printed the text out on regular cardstock with no problem.


I cut the journaling into strips and inked the edges before adding it to my pages.


I also used Desert Sun ink to color some of the stamped images in my mini album - like this cute bee hive.  I depressed the ink pad on my craft mat, spritzed it with water and then painted the image.


Here's a look at the finished cover:


The mini album contains 3 signatures which are held in place with elastic bands.  I gathered the elastic with a flair button that matched my theme.


Here are some pictures of the inside of my mini album.  I used a mix of stamps on the pages.







Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Serenade Collection - SR103
PowderPuff Chalking Ink - Warm Gray, Desert Sun
Canon Pixma TS6020

Joy Clair Supplies:
Bee Kind Stamp Set
Uh Oh Ink Splatter Stamp Set

Other Supplies:
Sizzix Passport Book Die
A Flair for Buttons - Vntage Queen Bee 2 Flair
washi tape clear embossing powder




No comments:

Post a Comment