Thursday, August 3, 2017

Honey Harvest with Quick Quotes

Hello and welcome!  Susie hosting the blog today and I find myself still inspired by the Honey Harvest I talked about in my last post.  I decided I wanted to make a layout this time and I started with the Windsong Paper Pack.  I used WS-105 and it has a very subtle design that gives just a touch of interest.


I pulled out my Desert Sun PowderPuff Chalking Ink, the Uh Oh Ink Splatters stamp set from Joy Clair and created a ink photo mat that radiates from the center out.  I did not re-ink the stamp every time and the effect it gives is a lot of depth.


I added some "honey" splatters around the page, too!


I altered one of the sentiment tags from the Windsong Quotes & Phrases Strip so that it said exactly what I wanted it to say.  I also took the opportunity to use 2 different inks to get exactly the color I wanted.  I started by edging the strip with Terra Cotta and then went back and swiped it again with Desert Sun. I love the rose/yellow color!


Here it is on the layout...also check out the "honey" splatters all over the page!  They make me so happy!


I used a Chickenwire Chipboard piece to add dimension because the shape reminded me of a honeycomb.  I used scissors to cut it apart so I could spread it around the page.


The main sentiment got the same edge treatment, a few more "honey" splatters, chipboard and a bit of flair to finish things off!


Quick Quotes Supplies:
Windsong Paper Pack
Windsong 12"x12" Quotes and Phrases
Windsong Quotes and Phrases Strip
PowderPuff Chalking Ink - Terra Cotta, Desert Sun

Other Supplies:
Joy Clair Stamps - Uh Oh Ink Splatter
Want2Scrap - Chickenwire Chipboard Embellishment
A Flair for Buttons -Vintage Queen Bee 2 Flair

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!
~ Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment