Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Mixed Media Cards with PowderPuff Chalking Inks from Quick Quotes

One of my favorite things about Quick Quotes is that they create coordinating inks and embellishments for their collections.  Today I pulled out my  TCWstencils and created these fun and easy mixed media cards using PowderPuff Chalking Inks and Die Cut Stickers.


I started by adhering a stencil onto white cardstock with washi tape and selecting a some inks:


I used a sponge to apply Peach Tree ink through the stencil.


I change out the stencil and used a darker ink, Sunset, to add another layer.


Here's a peek at the layered image.  Pretty cool, right?


All it needed to finish things off is a Die Cut Sticker.  I actually popped it up with some chipboard before adhering it to the card.


For the next card I chose SeaBrook and Aqua.  I created the main image with the darker Aqua and then lightly sponged in Seabrook in the background.


I inked in some details using a black pen before adding another perfect sentiment with a Die Cut Sticker.

For the final card I used Baby Blue, Desert Sun and Lipstick.  I also used 3 or 4 stencils to get all of the imagery I needed.

I love the sentiment on this sticker:  "Live like there is no midnight. ~ Cinderella"



I hope you are playing along with the Quick Quotes Anything Goes Challenge this month as there are prizes to be won!  You can find all of the details HERE.

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Whistlin' Dixie Die Cut Stickers
PowderPuff Chalking Inks:  Baby Blue, Desert Sun, Aqua, Seabrook, Lipstick, Peach Tree, Sunset

Other:  
TCW Stencil 626s Carte Postale
TCW Stencil 586s Raven Mosaic
TCW Stencil 454s Stencil Specimen
TCW Stencil 566s Winged Exploration
TCW Stencil 355s Casey & Penelope
TCW Stencil 354s Nancy Emily Polly

Micron Pen
cardstock

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!
~ Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment