It is such a simple process and the directions on the Hot Melt Adhesive package are easy to follow!
- Create a design using a punch, die cut, or an electronic cutter. Note: If used with a die cut or punch, cover the adhesive (rough side) with the included parchment paper prior to cutting or punching.
- Place design onto project with adhesive (rough side) face down and cover with included parchment paper.
- Pre-heat iron to a medium setting, no steam. Place and hold the iron on the parchment paper with adhesive design underneath for 30 seconds. Repeat until entire surface is bonded.
- Remove parchment paper and allow to cool. (at least 5 minutes)
- Peel off liner from design.
- Cut a piece of Deco Foil slightly larger than the design and place it on top of the adhesive design with the color side facing UP.
- Cover with a piece of parchment paper.
- Iron the project slowly with firm pressure for 30-40 seconds.
- Remove parchment paper and allow to cool completely. (At least 5 minutes!)
- Peel foil transfer sheet away from adhesive design.
Check out that clean, crisp image! Be sure to save the remnant Deco Foil because you can use it on other projects.
I wanted to add a word so I pulled out my PEGZ alphabet stamps and built the word "VIXEN" in all capitals. They click into place and are pretty stable, but I do wrap a bit of washi tape around the edge to make sure things stay in place when I stamp.
I used Archival Black ink and inserted a piece of foam inside the onesie to keep the ink from bleeding through and to allow a nice impression from the stamp. Voila!
Super easy! I repeated the steps using Spring Green Deco Foil and my Hedgehog die...
...and then added the word "hedgeHUGS" with my PEGZ stamps. This time I mixed it up and used some lowercase letters just for fun.
I have to say that momma-to-be was tickled!
Seriously, the hardest thing about this project is making yourself wait for the project to cool between steps...or maybe choosing which color of Deco Foil you want to use!
Therm O Web iCraft Deco Foil - Spring Green, Copper
Therm O Web iCraft Deco Foil Hot Melt Adhesive
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Inspire Dies - Foxy, Hedgehog
Mason Row Pegz American Typewriter Stamps - Uppercase, Lowercase
Ranger Archival Ink, black
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie